Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Crap...I have been tagged!!!

Not that I am not totally honored that Meg "tagged" me....it is that now I actually have to think of 6 interesting things about me...hmmm...
  • In kindergarten I won a trophy in an all school art contest...I must say the picture was pretty darn good...it has gone down hill since then...I can barely draw a smiley face now!

  • I once took a train from Gheorgheni,Romania to Budapest, Hungry all by myself....I was armed with 2 or 3 Hungarian phrases(what stop is this?,thank you? please?)... once I arrived in Budapest I snuck on a bus and by the grace of God made it to the airport.

  • In college my nicknames were Rose (think Golden Girls and St. Olaf stories) and Coxie (get your minds out of the gutter...my maiden name was Wilcox.)

  • I have a weird fear of falling downstairs and chipping a tooth...with the addition of children I now have a fear of one of them falling and doing the same thing.

  • In grade school the neighborhood kids (all 4 of us) started a newspaper called the Burr Oak Beacon--we interviewed neighbors, sold advertising and wrote articles--a big thank you to all those neighbors who bought full year subscriptions as we only published 2 issues!

  • In 2004--Chris and I sat on a grassy area of Alpe d'huez in France to watch the Tour de France time trial for 8+ hours with a 17 mos. old Clare--the night before we slept on the side of the road in a tent in order to get to Alpe d'huez to watch Lance and the other riders....whenever I feel like I might not be adventurous I pull from this story and my Romanian adventure....I have at least a little adventure in my blood!

Okay--so which one of you lucky readers gets to be tagged next!!! Meg has already tagged a few of my options so I will do my best--remember if I tag you...you must think of 6 things about you and then tag 6 more people!

The Gardners--you guys can make it a group project....only 3 per person!

Brenda--although you can't really post your tag on your blog you can think of them and share--maybe over coffee sometime at Bushel and Pecks.

Jennifer--I know you love a good list...and you have some great stories!

Jill and Kim--I know you are reading this....maybe someday you will have a blog--perhaps a Donahue Dental Blog or a Citzen's for Modern Transit Blog?!?!

**Only 5....well the Gardners count as 2!

3 comments:

Megz said...

So do you have any (of the two) old issues of the Burr Oak Beacon archived?
I must see this...lol...soooo perfect.

:)

Ann said...

Somewhere I do have at least one copy of the Burr Oak Beacon....it was very plg...waaay before computers....it was done on a typewriter and then everything else was cut and pasted on with rubber cement :-)

Jennifer said...

And who knew you'd end up with a newspaper guy :) I'm proud of your train traveling and bus sneaking skills - good work lady!! :)