Sunday, December 28, 2008

Friends and Family

 While reading The Shack I came across this quote from Frederick Buechner from Telling the Truth:  The Gospel as Tragedy, Comedy and Fairy Tale--
You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.

As I continue to reconnect with so many people from the past on Facebook (don't get me started on this occupier of my time),Christmas cards continue to fill the mailbox, family get togethers and holiday parties are attended, I am reminded of how many people have come in to my life at one point or another--all playing different roles--some short stays some long--different personalities-- all important in one way or another-- shaping who I am and how I relate to things in this crazy world.  

No comments: