Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Meet Me in St. Louis

As stated in my "profile"...I love being a travel agent for myself...or really anyone that I travel with...unless I'm traveling with my sister...who has even more refined travel agent skills than I!! Perhaps it was all the family trips in the Leisure Van
(it was green) playing "travel agent" with random brochures we had taken from a rest stop that helped instill such a love for planning trips...who knows...but the Wilcox sisters love to plan themselves a trip....but I digress...

I have decided every once in a while to fill you in about what I love about places that we are lucky enough to spend time in...and the place of the month happens to be St. Louis (in case you didn't catch my oh so catchy title!)

I went to college in Missouri and a number of my college girlfriends live in St. Louis ,so we make it into town 1-2x a year. As I get older I appreciate more and more things the city has to offer....(read: We now have children and are going to more places than just bars...it is very family friendly!). So now what you have all been waiting for my list of things I love about St. Louis...in no particular order(St. Louis girls--I'm sure I'm leaving a fave out)....if you find yourself west of the Mississippi, standing near a metal "arch", you should check these places out!

Family Outings

Neighborhoods(just two of my faves...too many to list!)

Transportation

3 comments:

ctadhankins said...

Man, I can't imagine the time it took to track down all those links and post them so well-organized in your blog! I've got some dry cleaning that needs to be dropped off... ;-)
I agree with Ann's pics, most of which I've been too. I would like to also nominate (if you're travelling without kids) the Buckthorn Pub. Not sure where in St Louis it is, but it's quite possible the perfect shitty bar.

Ann said...

Ha, Ha...When you are a good travel agent...it doesn't take long to put links together....and I think you mean the Black Thorn Pub--on Wyoming St. smarty pants!

ctadhankins said...

Smarty pants? Hey now. Give a brother a break.... it was a long time ago, and that was the night on the bus with the keg... good times, good times.