Addie turns three at the end of May.....which means I no longer have " extra baby weight" I have (or had) just plain extra weight! I have a B.S. in Exercise Science--I know how to teach many types of group exercise classes, I know what good "portions" of food are, etc.,etc. But I also like to eat and not only do I like to eat... I eat when I'm bored, sad, excited, nervous, happy---you get the picture! In February a friend suggested that instead of joining Weight Watchers we would form our own on-line buddy system to "report in" and ( this is the best part) instead of the $10/week we would spend at Weight Watchers....we would put $10/week into our New York City Fund--for the girls trip we are going on in June. Sounds like a plan....a plan indeed!
Today was the weigh-in where I reached my initial goal--which is crazy because I have basically lost the equivalent of 1/2 of one of my children---yikes!! What is more important is that I have done it without missing some sort of dessert at the end of the day, dinner out on the weekends and a glass or two (or three) of wine. Life happens---all the time---all around us and I knew that I had to learn to deal with life in order to lose the weight. I can't thank my friend enough for encouraging the plan and for sticking it with it herself and also those ladies that through their weight loss this year inspired me to get going...you know who you are M & J--you both look fabulous...and more importantly I know you feel fabulous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You look fabulous too! Congrats!
CONGRATULATIONS, ANN!!! As someone who has always had a weight issue and as someone who has been a Weight Watcher for what seems like forever, I share in your enthusiasm and pride at reaching your goal. It is not an easy journey and it should definitely be celebrated. You are an inspiration to me. Look out, New York! How very exciting!
Yeah!! Way to go!! And, I'm hoping that I worked off all the cake I ate yesterday :) You look awesome Ann, keep up the great work!!
PS - thanks SO much for being there yesterday, it really means a lot!!
Hey Ann - I just caught wind of your blog! :) Congrats on the weight loss!!
Thanks ladies for your very kind words...
Ok, for some reason your blog does not like me.
I've tried posting a comment on this particular post TWICE today, and each time it re-routes me to your main page.
Anyway, I shall try again!
MANY CONGRATS to you, of course!:)
I know I've said this many times, but I really do relate with the struggle it can be...it's truly a paradigm shift in how you look at food.
WAY TO GO.
You deserve every last bit of confidence this brings!
Love you!
Post a Comment