Plouf in San FranciscoIt was 6 days of no whining and lots of wine! I absolutely love Napa and Sonoma....I don't know if it is a mix of the beautiful scenery and total escape from the day to day....or b/c I am consuming a great amount of terrific wine. Chris has blogged and provided a few pics of the trip--so I will give a quick recap and a few more pics. For those of you that don't know...Chris did find out where we were going the night before we left while looking over his mom's shoulder at the lists I had provided for them--including info about where we would be staying. In the long run that was good b/c he could pack a few more things,etc.,etc. I also still thought I had the surprise about Sara and Braxton in my back pocket....until that is at 5:00a.m.--I posted the entry regarding where we would be going and the surprise at the airport....while unknown to me...Chris was sending final e-mails,etc., etc., checking my blog,etc., etc., on his laptop in the dining room.....surprise #2 not so much a surprise by 5:15 a.m. Oh well--we (meaning myself, family, friends) managed to keep it a secret for 365+ days...so I would say we all did pretty well. We had a tremendous time--it was indeed a Happy 10th Anniversary!
A quick lists of my favorites!
Far Niente--Walt our tour guide was great--stunning property and tremendous wine (and cheese).
Far Niente--Walt our tour guide was great--stunning property and tremendous wine (and cheese).

Rutherford Hill--w(private tasting in the cave...huge meat, olive and cheese tray...need I say more?)

Frog's Leap--Upbeat tour guide, organic winery and beautiful vegetable gardens--and we lucked into a barrel tasting...getting to taste wine that won't be released until 2010!

Barnett--On Spring Mountain--gorgeous views...excellent wines...private tasting

Dutcher Crossing--In Dry Creek Valley--beautiful setting for a picnic...yummy wine!

Nickel and Nickel--Single Vineyard wines---so so good!

Peju--An unexpected stop...great host...did a little Rap o'Napa for us

We also had some great meals at Dry Creek Kitchen in Healdsburg, Bouchon and Hurley's in Yountville and Taylor's Refresher in St. Helena.
No comments:
Post a Comment