Monday, August 11, 2008

I hope Sarah Richardson is cute and not 40!

We made our journey to Alpine Valley on Saturday for the Dave Matthews Band concert--DMB for all of you up on the lingo. We arrived around 3ish and the tailgating began. We had a great spot right by the entrance...note: this is a great place to pre-concert in...but the leaving at the end...let's just say at least an hour before we even put the key in the ignition to make the trek out of the Valley!

I guess I expected to see more people "our age"....by people "our age" I give a pretty wide range but let's just say 30--45. Not so much. There were only a few times when I felt "my age"--one being when my friend Karen and I caught ourselves talking about school uniforms in the port-o-potty line and the other being when I was dumb enough to ask some random, barely 21 year old-how old he thought I was...40? was his answer. 40?! ...C'mom dude...now I know that I am 4 years and a few days from actually being 40...but 40? I use my Arbonne eye cream and enzyme peel religiously....so I guess I was hoping for at least 30? At any rate...we tailgated with the best of them....from 3 until 8:30p.m.---which means we missed the first act and walked in right when the show started. They played my favorite song "Two Step" as one of the encores and it was fabulous. During the evening some random girl walked by, bent down and was like "Are you Sarah Richardson?"..."uh nope"..."Because you look just like her" and walked away. So if any of you know Sarah Richardson or perhaps even if you don't....please tell me that she is cute and 30!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Because I'm a HUGE dork I googled Sarah Richardson and this is what I came up with www.hgtv.com/sarah-richardson/bio/ Good news - she's totally cute, totally young and a really cool designer! Glad that you guys had a good time! Great pictures, I haven't seen Karen and Steve in forever!

Ann said...

Wow...so I am usually a google queen....never dreamed she might be semi famous....just some random Wisconsin girl....thanks for the info!!!