Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back in race mode...


This a.m. I went up to Beloit to do the Hailey Rath 5k--Number one it was for an excellent cause (organ donor awareness) and number two it got me back in the groove of being in a race.  It was a small race--but even small races give me pre-race jitters--so it was good to get a little race practice in before the big Triathlon on Sept. 6th!  I place 2nd in my age group and finished in 25.15....not a personal 5k best but much better than the 5k I did when I was 6weeks pregnant with Addie (guess I had a pretty good excuse for going slow for that one!).  Jennifer Bishop came out to run (placing 2nd in her age group!)  and her mom Amy came to cheer us on!  Thanks Ladies!  

4 comments:

Dina said...

Congrats, Ann! What an accomplishment!

Jennifer said...

Oh fun! The sweaty after picture!!! Good work woman - you're so ready to kick some tri butt! Thanks for getting me in on this, ALWAYS a fun time! See you at The Rock tomorrow night! :)

Brenda P. said...

Dig the cut upper arms! You ARE ready for that triathalon!

Megz said...

Been meaning to make my way over here to register my official CONGRATS!!! What an awesome feeling, I'm sure. Can't wait to watch you in action in a few weeks.:)