Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Cyber Fitness Challenge...

This summer some of our members and some of our staff are challenging each other to a summer fitness challenge...you get points for classes taken, miles put on the elliptical, run, biked, swam,etc...and then every week there is a new challenge that you get points...For all you fitness junkies out there I will share the challenge with you...sorry I'm coming mid-week with this challenge.
Week One: As many bent knee sit-ups as you can during the whole week...must come to a full sit-up! One point for every sit-up completed

I can do crunches forever...and for the record for targeting abdominal muscles crunches (done correctly) are still better...however--this challenge does seem to target my back and a different portion of my abdominal muscle....some people have gone crazy with this challenge...I think the max for one day from someone was 500....yikes...I have averaged between 100-200 day....Stay tuned for next week's summer challenge....

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

OMG - those stupid sit ups are KILLING me!! And, seriously, I can't do a push up to save my life - here's to climbing stairs and running and swimming lots o miles! :) Keep up the good work!

Dina said...

Soooo, what do you win, if anything? Besides the obvious awesome workout? :)

Ann said...

Dina--funny you asked...what do you win???....that is kind of vague...if you win the member challenge I believe it is a $100 gift card to Dick's Sporting Goods....the employee challenge...is a gift card I believe...to everyone on the winning team....but...we have no idea to where or how much...so how smart are we...guess we are all just competitive enough that if someone says the word challenge...we jump...or in the case do situps :-)

Dina said...

Well, good luck! :)